Sunday, January 14, 2007


Time to update, yay!


OK, Let's say something intereting here....
I got chased on Friday night, by a wild dog!!!
Was actually returning home from work at abt 3.30am...
Went to the band's previous meeting place where my bike was parked...
Suddenly saw a dog, then another....the 1st one only seemed interested in the food on the floor...
The other looked at me and bark..I was like wtf?
Then it came towards me....I was like....ok...
Then it came nearer like only 3 metres...I rushed and hid behind a tall bush and quickly turned ran across the road....Then the dog followed over....shit!
Chiong AH!!!

Ran all the way to the stadium and made a police report using a public phone...
All the way home I couldn't stop looking back...
The fear was still fresh...I had to walk all the way home in the rain...damn!

So anyway...the next day I followed my parents to make my new glasses at the Fortune Centre...near Sim Lim...my mom's friend owns the shop there...
After a few tests. I found out I couldn't use contacts as my 'astig' was too high...what a letdown..
Had a meal at a nearby restaurant which btw looks like a hawker centre...tried Lamb chop for the 1st time...

Anyway, we decided to Sim Lim since it was nearby...
At this shop on Lvl 2...we looked at the latest sony cybershot, which was going for $799 which the guy offered at $480...OMG!
While about to pay for the thing, he explained that the colours the camera produced was inferior...so he took out an 'Olympus brand' camera....and on TV, the results were much better as compared to Sony's...
So he went on the blablabla abt the product...
End price we paid $628 for the Olympus cam, a 1 gig card, spare battery and a few items he "threw in" which were the tripod and card reader.
He even said he'll "absorb" the 5% GST.
Somehow though, I felt strange...
Rushed home on a taxi with the whole family and I straight away went to work...that was already abt 9pm.

So here I am at 5.08am the next morning, feeling damn angry that the camera's R.R.P was in fact only $399...and it comes free with a 512 mb card.
Card reader he mentioned was $15 which he "threw in"...
Mini tripod dunno how much...which he 'threw in'
Spare battery we paid $50..
Upgrade the 512mb to 1 Gig card costs $38...
So do a little math I learnt in school, the total certainly could NOT have exceeded $500!

I feel cheated, angry seriously wanna hit that 'talk smart' asshole who sold it!
Wonder how my parents will react to that when I tell them later...anyway..
The model is FE-190, brand is Olympus...(No. 2 in that pic btw!)
Plan to go to shop and ask them return the spare change!
If not successful, report to simlim cos they have this policy, not to sell over R.R.P..and this way over!
If still nothing can be done...I'll report to Case...and if still nothing I'll call the New Paper Team!

What a shame a tech 'geek' like me didn't notice that he was not an honest guy..
He was nice though, so I'll get my parents to approach him nicely.
Btw, I found out the original price info from here...picture up there! (No. 2 in that pic btw!)
I won't rest till I get my mother's purchase justified...